THE 2020 COMPETITION HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL 2021.
Phoenix Sister Cities International Competition for Writers with Disabilities
2020 Theme: Accessibility is the Future
ICWD Brochure and Entry Form
2020 Competition Fact Sheet:
Eligibility: Persons 19 years of age and older with a disability residing in the City of Phoenix or one of Phoenix’s ten sister cities: Calgary, Canada; Catania, Italy; Chengdu, China; Ennis, Ireland; Grenoble, France; Hermosillo, Mexico; Himeji, Japan; Prague, Czech Republic; Ramat-Gan, Israel; and Taipei, Taiwan.
Type of Writing: Poems of 32 lines or less submitted in English.
Theme: “Accessibility is the Future”
Entry Fee: $15 per entrant for residents of Phoenix. No fee for residents of any one of Phoenix’s ten sister cities.
• Poems are requested to be submitted by e-mail as Word files. E-mail to email@example.com
• Poems must be submitted with a cover note listing the author’s name, address and phone number.
• The name must not be on the poem itself.
• Poems must be submitted in English. Poems not submitted in English will be sent to the PSC board. If poems cannot be translated by members of the PSC board, poems will be translated through a computerized program.
• Subject matter is open, but must be consistent with the theme.
• Entries not conforming to contest rules will be disqualified; entry fees will not be returned.
• A panel of judges will evaluate entries based on theme interpretation, composition, and originality.
Due Date: May 11th, 2020
Prizes: 1st -$500, 2nd-$300, 3rd- $150. Certificates of Participation will be provided to all participants.
Publication: Poems will be published on the PSC website and possibly incorporated into an annual calendar.
Awards Event: Friday, June 12th, 2020, Venue in Phoenix AZ (TBD)
For More Information: Contact: Robin Baethke at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-224-0202.
View requirements as PDF
The required form may also be submitted as a Google Doc.